Find out where the ferry goes from, where to park, transport connections and how to get here on foot.
Mevagissey: departs from Lighthouse Quay, 400 metres from the village centre. Follow the harbour wall keeping the water on your left. At low water, it is necessary to negotiate a fairly long flight of steps. We are happy to assist less mobile passengers.
Fowey: departs from Whitehouse Quay, 400 metres west of Fowey town centre along the Esplanade. Access is by a fairly steep ramp and steps. There is a WC and shelter just to the west (seaward) side of the quay.
- Hanson Drive (closest but a steep walk): PL23 1ET
- Caffa Mill (level but allow 10-15 minutes): PL23 1DF
- Lighthouse Pier (next to departure point. Slightly cheaper than main car parks but involves driving around harbour): PL26 6UJ
- Willow car park: (1st large car park on left entering village): PL26 6SB
- Sunny Corner (on left entering one way system): PL26 6ST
Buses, taxis and on foot
- Bus 525 leaves Fowey Safe Harbour Inn hourly at hour+50 to Mevagissey via St Austell (1 Hr 10 mins)
- Fowey Town Bus runs in a circuit around Fowey (including top car park) every 15 minutes starting from St Finbarrus Church. 10am - 7pm daily (April - October).
- Taxis available from Coastal Cars :01726 832372
- Water taxis operate in Fowey Harbour (ship to shore only): 01726 870417 or VHF Channel 6
- Ferry runs from Whitehouse Quay to Polruan every 15 minutes. River trips from Town Quay.
- Buses (526) run hourly to Fowey via St Austell (1 hour 16 mins) departing from the Ice Dream Shop at hour+02
- Taxis (each way for up to 4 people) Mike’s Taxis: 01726 843001 - £10
- Footpath to Heligan Gardens runs from just beyond the main car park (on road to St Austell) and is approximately one and a half miles from where it joins the road (2 miles from village centre).
- The coastal footpath between Mevagissey and Fowey is 17.5 miles and takes (we've been told!) about 7-8 hours if you are fit. It is quite hard going in some parts (There is currently a diversion between Porthpean and Charlestown).